Imagine undergoing a complex dental treatment like an extraction. When your treatment is complete, you have little to no recollection of the time it took, the pain, the noise, or the discomfort you were expecting.
Dr. Amanda Dibble is pleased to offer our patients the option of comfortable, safe, and effective sedation dentistry. Patients who benefit from sedation dentistry have:
- Fear or anxiety of being at the dentist
- Difficulty sitting still for long periods of time
- A hard time getting (and staying) numb from anesthetics
What is sedation dentistry?
Sedation dentistry allows a doctor to provide a variety of dental treatments safely and comfortably for patients who experience anxiety when visiting the dentist. There are several benefits to sedation dentistry, including:
- Little to no memory of undergoing the procedure
- Little to no fear or anxiety during treatment
Patients who have undergone a procedure using sedation dentistry will tell you it is a simple, relaxing way to experience dentistry.
Sedation dentistry is closely regulated by law and we are licensed by the Washington State Department of Health.
How are sedatives administered at this office?
- Inhalation — Nitrous oxide, or laughing gas, is the most frequently used method for easing mild to moderate anxiety. Recovery is quick so you can resume your normal activities immediately.
- Oral — An extremely common technique for mild to severe anxiety. It is easy and does not require the use of IV needles! You will be given a prescription pill which, taken about an hour before your appointment, will have you fully relaxed by the time you arrive at our office. It is required that patients who receive oral sedation have a parent, spouse, or friend drive them to and from appointments. It can take several hours for the sedative to wear off making driving unsafe.
Please contact our practice to schedule a consultation and learn more about sedation dentistry.